Thursday 13 December 2012

Preliminary task evaluation - Feed the fish


This is my groups preliminary task - Feed the fish. We were told to film a sequence where a character enters a building and room showing continuity editing. The character then speaks to a superior on the topic of 'feeding the fish' using shot-reverse-shot. Our intentions for the sequence were to make it interesting for the audience and create an enigma surrounding the two characters and what the line 'Have you fed the fish' really means. I was extremely pleased with the sequence and I was very happy with how my group and I worked and I feel that we had created an enigma around the characters with our own little twist at the end. The only obvious faults I found in the sequence were that there was a continuity error where a character had his arms up to his face in one scene and not in the next. The other fault was that the lighting wasn't very good for the dialogue scenes and made the shot-reverse-shot very awkward. When shown to the rest of our class we were told to improve by cutting down on the boring walking time between shots and to work on the lighting and possibly choose a better setting for the task. It was also suggested that we use parallel editing and more angles to show superiority of the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment